Not unusually for a client, prior to her shoot Kath, who owns a local wedding photography business, was anxious about being photographed as part of her personal branding shoot.
I remember saying to Kath "have courage...be brave...you've got this!”.
Sounds like she’s going into battle or something?! When you have your photo taken with us, specifically me Carrie, it really isn’t soooo bad. I’d even go so far to say, having your personal branding session with us is totally awesome and you’re going to actually enjoy it!
Putting yourself out there, getting comfortable with being uncomfortable, feeling the fear and doing it anyway…..BRILLIANT. As fellow business owners, we’ve realised over the years that growth and comfort rarely coexist and actually perhaps it’s healthy to be a little scared sometimes. The blood starts pumping, the heart starts pounds loudly and we suddenly feel very ALIVE. Waaahh.
The cons to having your photograph taken (by someone other than your right arm):
- Some lady (potential stranger lady) is going to be up in your face. (Turns out I’m very friendly, normal and a massive champion of fellow people in business, we are friends already).
- You’re going to have to think about your styling and what to wear (basically we are giving you a reason to go shopping and spend your money on clothes…. YOU are welcome.)
- It’s going to cost you money (well actually only £60 currently for a 30min shoot with 5 images until 30thJune 2019). The word snippet, comes to mind.
The pros – what your professional photography is going to do for you…
- You’re about to stop your competition hogging all the limelight. HOORAY.
- Feel professional, refreshed and on top of your game. Professional personal branding sessions can do just that...suddenly you are the professional face of the brand, you feel focussed, driven, and suddenly you’re taking your business where you want it to be.
- Get ready to bring in the sales and increase your income as a result of your refreshed, brand infused, professional imagery. People are going to want to buy from you because of these images.
Upon sending Kath her sneak peek... " Wow I love them 😍 "
- Using on her submission to wedding industry flagship Rock My Wedding
- Using on Instagram to gain followers, generate sales, increase income
- Using on her "about me” website page
- Submitting in her PR material to high end print publishers
This blog post is about people who don’t like having their photograph taken. Is that you? We take pictures of business owners who are taking over the world, put who don’t like having their photograph taken. Contact Carrie to chat through your personal branding session 07527500041 or email@example.com
Written by Carrie,
Co Founder of CO Photography and Design.
February 24th 2019.